REACTION: Hostile.

INTELLIGENCE: High

CREATURE TYPE: Monster

SKILL: 9

STAMINA: 12

LUCK: 7

MAGIC: 0

MAGIC POINTS: 0

SKILLS: Awareness (6), Sneaking (6), Strength (6), Dodge (6), Acrobatics (6), Jump (6), Climb (6).

TALENTS: Dark seeing, Combat Reactions, Fast Healer, Fleet Footed, Hawkeye, Light Sleeper, Strongarm, Magical Resistance, Clearsight, Lightning Strike

WEAPON: Large claw.

ARMOUR: Chitinous layer (as monster heavy armour).

SPECIAL:

Acid blood: If an alien is killed, it will explode acid all over the place. If it was killed in melee combat, then the character who landed the killing blow will take 2-12 stamina points of damage from the acid. All other characters fighting it take 1-6 damage.

Capture: Aliens will try not to kill all opponents. If it renders anyone unconscious, it will drag them back to its lair where it will begin a process that will turn them into alien eggs over the course of 1-6 days.

Life cycle: An alien will start out as an egg that will not hatch until someone is nearby. Then a facehugger will shoot out of the egg and try to attach itself to a character at lightning speed (the facehugger has a skill of 5, a stamina of 2 and can move very fast. It requires a dodge roll at -4 to dodge it). If it attaches to someone then it will stay on their face for 2-12 hours before falling off dead. The host seems to have made a full recovery. After 1-6 hours, however, a baby alien (skill 5 stamina 2, super fast movement) will shoot out of the hot's chest, killing them and run off. In 1-6 hours, it will have grown into a fully grown alien.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.
d6&d6
Adventurer

Re: AFF monster - Alien

Postby d6&d6 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Ripley starts with a LUCK stat of 12 :wink:
Tentez votre chance...
Nuvole!
Hero

Postby Nuvole! » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:28 am

Now that we have Stellar Adventures, this is becoming even more relevant... :mrgreen:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:42 am

Yeah!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Time for a bug hunt!!! Now wheres my pulse rifle :lol:
Lorian
Knight

Postby Lorian » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:37 am

It's over there, in the weapons locker!
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:18 am

Lorian wrote:It's over there, in the weapons locker!

Oh wait, it's locked!! :lol:
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.
Robb 1
Knight

Postby Robb 1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Ruffnut wrote:

No worries I shoot the alien with my shot gun it's blood burns through the lockers lock I deftly kick the door open avoiding the acid blood( Test for luck: success ) open the locker grab the pulse rifle and BLAST THE DAMNED BUGS BRAINS OUT screaming yippee F###### Doo :lol:
Dupont
Knight

Postby Dupont » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Robb 1 wrote:
Ruffnut wrote:

No worries I shoot the alien with my shot gun it's blood burns through the lockers lock I deftly kick the door open avoiding the acid blood( Test for luck: success ) open the locker grab the pulse rifle and BLAST THE DAMNED BUGS BRAINS OUT screaming yippee F###### Doo :lol:

Meanwhile I sit in the corner crying...
"Bright the Hawk's flight on the empty sky"
Jay_NOLA

Postby Jay_NOLA » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm

"I'm gonna need a bigger blaster."

followed up latter on with

"But first, I'm gonna need an even bigger blaster."

I keep picturing players wanting to do Sylvia doing Ripley from the Wander Over Yonder Episode the Pet. (A nice spoof of Alien/Aliens/Predator with some Jaws and Star Trek stuff thrown in .) Especially when she loads up with heavy weapons latter on. (If you never saw the cartoon you can view that episode online if you look.)

Also you can get plastic colonial marines an alien figures that are like plastic toy arm men cheap if you need miniatures.
Ruffnut
Hero

Postby Ruffnut » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 am

Use CP models. The world's greatestbspoof is space balls the movie

Return to “Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2”