Grenades?

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
shintokamikaze
Hero

Grenades?

Post by shintokamikaze » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:02 pm

I was trying to find the price of grenades in the blacksand book but had no luck, or perhaps they have to be homemade, if so how many can be made from a keg of firepowder? also 10-20gp for one pistol charge seems a little high, it's just a lead ball and some firepowder.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Re: Grenades?

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:17 am

It does look as if grenades were accidentally left off the price list. Looking at the cost of other firearms maybe 10-15gp is in line? I don't think a homemade one would do quite as much damage, "small spiked metal or ceramic container" sounds custom made for purpose.

Yeah agree, 10-20gp for a weapon charge doesn't seem right. That would mean a dozen shots cost the same as a pistol. It also doesn't seem to stack up against 50-100gp for a whole keg of firepowder! As you say apart from firepowder it's just a small piece of lead, which is relatively cheap and easy to work. 2-4gp might be more like it so I wonder if the idea was to limit the PCs access to firearms a bit.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Re: Grenades?

Post by shintokamikaze » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:01 pm

SkinnyOrc wrote:It does look as if grenades were accidentally left off the price list. Looking at the cost of other firearms maybe 10-15gp is in line? I don't think a homemade one would do quite as much damage, "small spiked metal or ceramic container" sounds custom made for purpose.

Yeah agree, 10-20gp for a weapon charge doesn't seem right. That would mean a dozen shots cost the same as a pistol. It also doesn't seem to stack up against 50-100gp for a whole keg of firepowder! As you say apart from firepowder it's just a small piece of lead, which is relatively cheap and easy to work. 2-4gp might be more like it so I wonder if the idea was to limit the PCs access to firearms a bit.
I think if you can fix a broken pistol you could mould your own lead shot, I used to make my own fishing weights as a kid, I might add lead ingots that cost 5gp and make 20 balls and a ball mould that costs 20gp and is ruined if you fail a firepowder check for every 5 balls made, the mould cracks cos the lead was to hot, or you can buy 1 ball for 2 gp, the shot should be cheap enough as the oops effect will make players use the guns sparingly.I think their is no point having guns in the game if it costs to much to use them. Also gun shops should be very rare and only in some large towns, or city's.