Life on Barsoom - AFF2 gazzetteer

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Nuvole!
Archmage

Life on Barsoom - AFF2 gazzetteer

Post by Nuvole! » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:12 pm

I finally completed the first draft of this gazzetteer, that involves a massive amount of house rules and variations.
If you want to help me both under the ruleset (and its applications) point of view and also with my poor English, you can find the draft here: link removed, as the final job was published
Last edited by Nuvole! on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Re: Life on Barsoom - AFF2 gazzetteer

Post by shintokamikaze » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:11 am

What programs can I open the file with? I don't want to pay for office, could you make it a pdf :idea:
I would love to read it.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:19 pm

OpenOffice is free ;)
If it still doesn't woork let me know and I'll PDF-ize it.
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:27 pm

That's a serious piece of work! The English looks pretty good to me although some work on the formatting would make it easier to read.

I haven't read the Barsoom books (on my list after I finish off the Lankhmar and Conan books) but apart from my then girlfriend, now wife, I was the only person I knew who really enjoyed the John Carter movie. And she was probably just humoring me. Anyway the movie was way over hyped due to the studio paying so much to make it, and then people didn't know quite what to make of it because it didn't neatly follow either fantasy or sci-fi conventions. Would have been better if they'd made it on a more earthly budget where it could have done okay with a smaller audience. Then we might have got another one.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Don't worry about the formatting: the layout etc. will be made later on.
I'm more worried about the rest, such as, for example, how do you find my work on the ruleset, as I changed significantly the Talents and Special Skills system and traded MAGIC for PSIONICS, for example: not minor changes at all!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Soon I'll find somebody to do the layout etc. so it will be more complicate making changes: any more suggestions apart from the ones that were sent to me in private?

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:32 pm

I'll try and read it properly over the Christmas break so I have something more helpful to say about it :)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Great news!
If you want I can send you the very last version...

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:46 am

Thank you SkinnyOrc for your feedback! I will incorporate it in the final version of Life on Barsoom.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:56 am

You're welcome, it's an interesting project. I discovered that most of the stories are out of copyright and available as free ebooks. The Apple iBooks app has the first three Barsoom books (A Princess of Mars, The Gods of Mars and The Warlord of Mars) and a few of the later ones, just search for Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:14 pm

You can freely download Life on Barsoom, now fully edited and with plenty of Frank Frazetta images, from this folder: http://www.librogame.net/index.php/down ... ng-fantasy
Of course, as nothing is cast in stone, please let me know how this thingy can be improved...

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:00 am

Is it saying you have to be registered to download files?

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:20 am

I double checked with LGL site management and they recently imposed further restiction, so that you can't download if you are not registered to http://www.librogame.net

You can use this link as well, with no restriction: http://fightingfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F ... arsoom.pdf