Anyone up for playing an online one-shot?

GreatArc

Re: Anyone up for playing an online one-shot?

Post by GreatArc » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:06 pm

I have had some stuff keeping me busy and some work travel coming up, but I'll notify everyone who expressed interest on this post. At least it'll give me an opportunity to come up with a couple more one-shots if it goes well and others would like to participate. Likely September.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:03 am

Is this still open to players ? and are you going to play on google hangout ?

GreatArc

Post by GreatArc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:27 am

Sorry, I think it'll end up being September, as I am stuck doing some business travel for a little bit yet. On the plus side, I scribbled down some little details and area descriptions the other day and have pulled a bunch of images off the net that I will likely flash up during chat play for the players to reference. Stuff like monster descriptions and terrain.

All I will say about the adventure is that there are multiple "goals", none of which are individually needed to 'succeed'.

I am aiming for only 3 Players (running one or two characters each, their choice). The reason for this is not to exclude anyone, simply that as this is my first time Directing 2E, I want to be really prepared and want to cut down on the possibility of players not getting really immersed in the adventure.

If there are more than 3 players who are into playing my one-shot, I would certainly be game to run it twice, with a second group. Maybe the unpopular time-zone folks?

In fact, those who would be in the second group would likely benefit from my gaining familiarity with quickly resolving combat and having a better sense of keeping things moving well.

Anyhow, I haven't forgotten any of you, just busy. I have great confidence you'll like a lot of the elements and encounters I have designed, and hope I can present them really well. Also, I would really be interested in a critique of mistakes and poor choices I made during play, or where I let things run too long or too short. I'd really like to become a regular "one-shot" Director on the forums where people could do a drop-in session whenever a game is announced and they could test-drive a new character or
take a seasoned one out for a spin.

Not getting ahead of myself, I still need to get this this down on paper and organize a date, but I am as enthusiastic as any of you!

GreatArc

Post by GreatArc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:38 am

Actually, one thing that might be helpful to anyone who would like to get an invitation to the game, would be to list your location and time zone in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), so we have an idea of our time spread.

Anyone who doesn't know theirs can type in their city and find it.

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/#!cities=80

For instance, I am in
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada. GMT - 6

Which just means I am 6 hours behind the international date line in Greenwich, UK.

Where the rest of you be at?
Last edited by GreatArc on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:23 pm

GMT 0
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Post by Slloyd14 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 pm

GMT 0
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:20 pm

GMT 0