Save Innsmouth (A Student Documentary)

Our new partner!

Moderator: PaulB

PaulB

Save Innsmouth (A Student Documentary)

Postby PaulB » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:25 am

You’re all students at Arkham’s renowned Miskatonic University. Between terms, you’re taking the opportunity to go hiking. You’ve taken an interest in the newspaper and local TV reports of construction in the north-east, along the coast, that will see a piece of history, a town preserved since Prohibition times, bulldozed to make way for a luxury health spa resort. This will be the last chance to see the place intact before The Man clears away another chunk of America’s heritage in the name of progress.

Save Innsmouth is designed as a stand-alone contemporary Cthulhu Hack scenario and can be run as a one-shot adventure over a single sitting from three to four hours of real time. It makes an ideal adventure for convention play or as an introduction to The Cthulhu Hack system. It's also easily adapted for any modern day game system of investigative horror.

I ran Save Innsmouth for my students at the Tabletop Game Society I founded at the high school where I teach. In honor of Halloween I suggested we break from the D&D 5E campaign I am running to play The Cthulhu Hack.

I must say, running this one shot for my students ranks up there as one of the most tense and satisfying game experiences I have ever had in my 34 years of playing RPGs.

Well done! --- RPGNow Reviewer

Available now through DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Just Crunch Games”