Adventures for SoUT

The place to discuss the magical desert denizens
JohnK1

Adventures for SoUT

Post by JohnK1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Hullo, folks,

One of the biggest disappointments to me when Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk came out was that there was no Quickstart adventure for the game, and there was no actual short scenario included in the rulebook.

I am pretty crap when it comes to writing adventures these days, mainly because my hands and fingers have pretty bad arthritis. So, I'm going to appeal to the folks here on the forums... Has anyone written up some scenarios for the game that they would be willing to share?

Thanks, in advance. :)
"Sorcery is a dangerous hobby, my friend, and not something that should be practiced lightly." - Harama, a sorceress who's learned the hard way

JohnK

bottg
Site Admin

Re: Adventures for SoUT

Post by bottg » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:35 pm

The first part of the mini campaign is out:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/2 ... wn--Part-1

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:36 pm

The other parts will not take as long, and I am seeing what I can do to get some other short adventures written.

JohnK1

Post by JohnK1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Hullo, Graham,
bottg wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:35 pm
The first part of the mini campaign is out:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/2 ... wn--Part-1

To quote Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull fame... "Hooooraayy!" :)

This is excellent news.

That said, while I can see that the game is more suitable to multi-part campaign adventures, it sure would be nice to have some shorter adventures as well, perhaps a four-hou convention scenario in there somewhere, and a few 2-session adventures as well.

Yeah, I want it all! :)

But in the meantime, thanks for doing this! :)
"Sorcery is a dangerous hobby, my friend, and not something that should be practiced lightly." - Harama, a sorceress who's learned the hard way

JohnK

JohnK1

Post by JohnK1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Hullo, Graham,
bottg wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:36 pm
The other parts will not take as long, and I am seeing what I can do to get some other short adventures written.
This is excellent, and better, news, to be honest. While I'd like the other parts of the Broken Crown scenario (by the way, how many parts are there to it?) sooner rather than later, I will definitely welcome the shorter adventures.

Thanks for this, Graham. I really appreciate it. :)

JohnK