Crown & Dragon RPG

For the new Arion Games project which uses Savage Worlds
bottg
Site Admin

Crown & Dragon RPG

Post by bottg » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:44 pm

We have just opened our latest Kickstarter project: Crown & Dragon RPG

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... dragon-rpg

Using the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) ruleset, this game brings to life the Triple Realm, the setting for the seminal Flintlock Fantasy novel of (almost) the same name by Stephen Hunt. The world may have been broken by the foul sorceries practiced by the Romans, but in the last few years of the 18th Century, there are still wars to be fought and legends to be made.

The characters are Dragon-Browns, soldiers in the worst regarded Regiments in the army. Rufflers, toppers, tobymen and gutter scum, these dregs of the cities and villages alike are in the army as a way to get a square meal or avoid the gallows. Despite these humble and rough backgrounds, they still serve the Crown and the Dragon with every ounce of their being.

But the armies of the continental powers and internal rebels are not the only dangers of the Triple Realm. The Tumble, that vast expanse of weirded forest filling the space betwen villages contains Demisapi (beatsmen), Forest Hobs and much stranger and more deadly creatures. Even the trees are said to prey on lost travellers. Weirdmen and Mummers working for the Crown pose as much danger to their own people as to the enemy. The Militant Priests of the Tree Martyr are on another crusade against heresy and looking to burn any they find. It is a dangerous world out there!

The game is almost complete in manuscript form, and the art will be by Tony Hough (Fighting Fantasy and others).

So, grab your Puffer (musket) and bag of cartridges, straighten your shako and tighten your belt and march on. To paraphrase The Duke of Wellington from our own world, "...our (army) is composed of the scum of the earth — the mere scum of the earth. It is only wonderful that we should be able to make so much out of them afterwards." He could easily have been writing about the Dragon Browns.

bottg
Site Admin

Re: Crown & Dragon RPG

Post by bottg » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm

We have just added a link to a Chapter from the novel on the Kickstarter page to give you a taste of the setting and the premise. We are also hoping to have the novel available again in some format before too long!!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 pm

The Crown & Dragon RPG returns again. One defeat does not mean the end of the war, and the Dragon-Browns return to the breach once more.

Enough of the army metaphors, and on to business. I have relaunched the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... age-worlds with a lower funding goal. This lower goal will enable me to pay the artist for the cover art and a significant amount of internal art. If it makes more than the target, I will order extra art.

The campaign is only for two weeks this time, so please do spread the word once more. I am about to start on the layout, and Tony Hough has started work on the cover image, which I will share with you as soon as I have a draft version.

If you backed last time, please back once more and the game will certainly happen this time!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:36 pm

A week to go, and I have just uploaded v0.1 of the cover art by the one and only Tony Hough:

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:08 pm

Funded! :)

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:41 pm

An extra £150 gets us to the stretch goal and PDFs of the original novel and the unreleased sequel!

Check out Crown and Dragon RPG for Savage Worlds by Graham Bottley on @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... ject_tweet

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 pm

So unless anyone drops out in the next hour and a half, we have hit the stretch goal. If you back it before the end, you get the book cheaper than the final release price as well as getting the two novels in digital form!

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 pm

...and funded :)

AARGH I hate that half the smilies don't bloody work....!!!!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 pm

There is an update due to phpbb, but every time I do one I spend the next six hours trying to get the forums working again, wishing I had not bothered...