Any Crown & Dragon adventures?

For the new Arion Games project which uses Savage Worlds
PeteB

Any Crown & Dragon adventures?

Post by PeteB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:08 pm

Good news - my hardback rulebook has just arrived! Very excited. Bad news - I am not allowed so much as a peek until Christmas day! I'm hoping to press-gang my family into a gaming session over the Christmas hols but, with no pre-prepared adventures in the book and not getting it until the day itself, it might be a steep learning curve for me. I was wondering if anyone had any adventures they might be willing to share or know of any available online? I know from looking at the Kickstarter page that Graham mentioned writing an introductory scenario but I can't find it anywhere so I suspect he hasn't finished it yet - unless anyone knows different?

Bifford
Site Admin

Re: Any Crown & Dragon adventures?

Post by Bifford » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Having proofread and edited the book I have a fairly good appreciation of the system. My first question is: Do you have the Savage Worlds "SWADE" edition rpg? C&D is based on this, with minor additions and alterations, so if you have/know the SWADE system you'll be all set mechanics wise. You will need that rpg for the basic system.

As for a scenario, the span of the basic premise is pretty good, so it would depend what game your players want. I see all of the following fitting, they just need the individual setting applied and a steam-based and black powder tech level applied:

Religious fervour and Catholic Church style "our way or die" (includes magic);
Land acquisition by militia force;
Down and dirty butt-of-the-army guys, sent to do all the nasty work, given all the terrible and likely to kill you jobs. (This is the main focus of the core book);
Fighting back the encroaching wildlife and jungle.

I would therefore recommend finding generic supplements which can slot in to any game fitting whichever type of game you/your players would like to play.
Warlock Returns AFF Discord channel: https://discord.gg/hpCRJkw

PeteB

Re: Any Crown & Dragon adventures?

Post by PeteB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:10 pm

Yes, I have recently bought SWADE - specifically to play Crown & Dragon after watching Graham's YouTube video about it - and am familiarising myself with the system as you suggest. Your recommendations regarding scenarios are also very much appreciated and give me plenty of ideas to think on. I've started the first novel today too so now, in conjunction with your suggestions, I'm feeling a lot more confident. Thanks again for your expertise.