Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

Whats next?

Post by Lord Abaddon of Wormwood » Wed May 10, 2006 3:51 am

So what is next of the Artist's pallet?

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed May 10, 2006 10:35 am

I can say that the next set out will be science fiction civilians. What i can't say is when. I am currently upgrading my computer, but it is not going quite as planned......

Anyway, it should contain cops, engineers, medics, scientists and loads of ordinary people. It will be a double set and so have 30 people + 4 vehicles.

As soon as i get a few pics rendered i will put them here and keep this updated about progress, but i am hoping to have it released before the end of the month anyway.

Graham

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Fri May 12, 2006 9:33 pm

Yahoo!!
Huzzah!!
Yee Hah!!

alan

Post by alan » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:19 pm

same old question, whats on the horizon? And how many more horizons are there to cover? I can see a place for a few more sets yet but you got and it to graham he has really torn through a whole bunch of genres and styles quite thoroughly these days.

Kendarus

Post by Kendarus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:13 pm

Well one great thing about these paper miniatures is that there is a nearly infinite number of possibilities just within the genres Graham has explored. I know I wouldn't complain if he came out with more Fantasy Villagers for example. The extra poses and archetypes that could be included in such would just add more life to my village.

In general I think there are still plenty of new things to be done, but I also see some longevity in providing expansions to the existing sets.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:26 am

Our philosophy regarding new sets is that if there is enough material for a new set (such as a second cowboys set) then we will produce it. If there are 1 or 2 new models available that would fit in an existing set, then these will be released as freebies, either to the bonus or free area.
We feel that this is the best approach because we don't want to try and "force" a whole set from just a couple of models, but if there is a good one there (such as the female barbarian we did recently) we want people to have it and use it.

As far as villagers go, we do actually have a set of medieval villagers (a bit more historically accurate than the fantasy ones) planned for very soon, and hopefully it will be a double set. Of course, they will be able to mix seamlessley with the previous set.

While we do have a rough production schedule, requests from customers will be pushed up the order, as has happened several times in the past.

Graham

RabidFox
Knight

BattleTroops figures

Post by RabidFox » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:09 am

Well, we now have the Aliens the Movie Set (aka Sci-Fi Soldiers II) and the Cowboys II.
What's next?

Any chance at all for infantry from the BattleTech universe?
For starters, I can see five basic sets: Davion, Kurita, Steiner, Marik and Liao (all circa 3028).
You can then flesh those five sets out further with another 1-2, maybe even 3-4, sets for each nation because of the available weapons and combat and non-combat specialties, let alone any civilian populations these five nations have (still circa 3028).
Then you would also have the Free Rasalhague Republic sets (circa 3034).
Then there would be Clan sets (circa 3050).
After those you could have several sets from the developments that occurred from the Clan invasion (circa 3052-3062)
I could see easily 38 sets, at least, just off of BT universe 3028-3062.

A vast pool of figures are needed for those of us that play BattleTroops which were never made and are not being made now.
Why should not Arion Games produce these figures since WK/Topps is apparently unwilling?
None of the other BT Licensees are doing so either.

alan

Post by alan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:44 am

I'm guessing the software might struggle with that, but who knows, graham is a very capable guy so you never know your luck. But I wouldn't expect much more than a set or two of mech type things. Indeed a scifi vehicles set or some such might very nicely round out the present sci fi offerings.

I'd also quite like to see a set or two of WWII figures, axis and allies. You could do many, many variations on that of course but I figure a set or two would not be out of order.

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:07 am

Actually Alan, I am not looking for 'mechs, but I am looking for infantry like I said above.
Armorcast, out of California in the U.S.A., has the license to produce 25-28mm 'mechs, of which license so far they have only made an Atlas, a Mad Cat and a Vulture plus a single vehicle, a flatbed truck.
Other than the truck, they just have not done much of anything useful for the 25-28mm scale BattleTech universe (akak BattleTroops) player.
A useful 'mech would be like either of the anti-infantry 'mechs (Firestarter or Vulcan) or some of the weaker armored 'mechs (e.g. JagerMech, Hornet, Mercury Hussar) that infantry can incapacitate without too much difficulty.

No one makes 25-28mm infantry at all other than Iron Wind/Ral Partha's Clan Elemental or Armorcat's own Clan Elemental, which are just two variations on a very individual theme, therefore not overly useful.
There are over 400 different infantry figures that are just not done.

If Graham simply pursued the license for the 25-28mm infantry, he would be looking at the very serious number of sets as I spoke of above and therefore a sizeable amount of money.

TRose

Post by TRose » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:13 am

Hi there. I am new and have just purchase several sets over the past month, which I love
But for future sets what would I like to see
Highland warriors( In Kilts of course)
dinosaurs
a set of mounted/dismounted fanatasy figures(Goblins on wolves, Griffon riders,zombie knight on undead horse, perhaps a lizardman on tricertops or Ogre riding a rhino)
And to go with a the dinosaurs, perhaps some generic "primitives" based on polynesians that could be also used with fantasy/victorian sets.
I would also like to see a chinese set of figures for the Ancient set also
Just a few ideas from me

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:31 am

TRose wrote:...
And to go with a the dinosaurs, perhaps some generic "primitives" based on polynesians that could be also used with fantasy/victorian sets.
Graham, including any "primitive" humans is a real "do not buy" for this sort of set for folks like me out there in sci-fi gaming.
Let the Dinosaur Set be a dinosaur set; that would mean we would get far more dinosaurs than with the "primitive" humans included.
Put all of the "primitive" humans, of whatever variety, in a primitive human set; this would also mean there would be a greater variety of "primitive" humans available to those who need them.

The big plus with this separation is that those of us that can really use the dinosaurs and that have absolutely NO use for the "primitive" humans will be encouraged to buy the set.
Folks that can use the primitive humans can just go and buy that set.

The other big plus here is if you do do a mega-mammal set and there are gamers out there that do not want dinosaurs, but DO want "primitive" humans, they are set up too with the two separate sets they need and they do not have to buy Dinosaurs, which they have no need for, to get their primitive humans.

Please do not combine dinosaurs (Mesozoic animals), mega-mammals (Cenozoic animals) and "primitive" or "early" humans into one set.
Dinosaurs could be several sets as well as mega-mammals while "primitive" humans are two sets at most.
If these three categories are kept pure, then more sales will result.

fmitchell

Post by fmitchell » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:31 pm

Just joined up, and I'd like to say how much I like your minis. I keep buying them, even though I don't own a color printer. (D'oh!)

Also, I'd like to second an earlier request for Modern Horror minis. One can poach zombies from the YotZ sets, and some others from the Undead or Fantasy Monster sets, but a possessed person or werewolf in modern dress, or a modern-day vampire or wizard, would be cool. I'd especially like to see your take on a Frankenstein monster.

I'd also snap up a set of Lovecraftian horror, either classics like the Mi-Go, Shoggoths, and Elder Things, or your own eldritch, squamous, cthonic, non-Euclidian beasties. (Just don't do Great Cthulhu himself ... even a front view to scale won't fit on a single sheet of paper.) I think Lovecraft's in the public domain now, but don't quote me on that ...

Maybe there could be a set of further grisly/surreal beasties modeled after the works of Clive Barker or horror video games like Silent Hill, in a non-copyright-infringing way. ("Cube-head"? "Trapezoid-head"?)

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Frank

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:06 am

With the release of Egyptians II Graham, what are we looking at in the next few sets?
Inquiring minds out there would like to know what's next during this Spring season.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:43 pm

Well, the next set will be an elizabethan/tudor type set, as a tie-in. I know that much for certain. I also need to sit down, go through forums and emails and work out an order of production. There is a Pulp II set, some WW2 sets, more modern civilians, a modern horror set, a "Giants" type set and others that have been requested and are planned.

You have probably noticed that our output has slowed down a bit recently. This is partly due to it being lambing time (many late nights, early mornings etc), and partly due to 2 other big projects that are just being finished off simultaneously. So hopefully within the next few weeks i can post a planned schedule!

RabidFox
Knight

Post by RabidFox » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:27 am

Thanks for the news Graham.
I am sure that all of us here are waiting anxiously for the list.

As to sheep, I will just keep my fingers still and my experiences to myself.

"2 other big projects"?
Are they for us?