Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Everything else!

Moderator: bottg

JohnK1

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Post by JohnK1 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:48 pm

Hullo, folks,

Figured I'd start a thread here of Introductions and the like.

Hi, there! My name's John M. Kahane (on-line I'm JohnK), I'm 64, am a retired translator living in Ottawa, Ontario.

I'm an amateur archaeologist and palaeontologist, and love games that involve either or both of those in some way, which is very rare, but it means I've been a fan of games whose focus isn't necessarily based on Western and European mythology and lore. I've been gaming since the original Chainmail came out in the mid-70s and have played and run so many games over the decades that I've lost count. There have been a few favourite rpgs, notably DragonQuest, DC Heroes RPG, SkyRealms of Jorune, and several others, but these days I'm running Torg Eternity and John Carter of Mars pretty much, and am about to start in on Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk as well.

I'm also a fan of chess, tennis, real soccer :), various types of music, play the guitar, and am a languages nut. :)

JohnK
"Sorcery is a dangerous hobby, my friend, and not something that should be practiced lightly." - Harama, a sorceress who's learned the hard way

JohnK

Bifford
Site Admin

Re: Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Post by Bifford » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Greetings and salutation.

Which incarnation of the Master would you be? The pictured one or some other?

Anyway, welcome to the forums here, I look forward to good conversations. Make sure to say how SoUT go with your group, I've not managed to bring it to the table yet with my group.

Sam / Bifford

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 am

Welcome, John! Stick around and join in the fun. :mrgreen:

JohnK1

Post by JohnK1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Hullo, Sam,

(Or do you prefer Bifford?) :)
Bifford wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:50 pm
Greetings and salutation.
Thank you. Nice to be here. :)
Bifford wrote:
Which incarnation of the Master would you be? The pictured one or some other?
Ah, a Doctor Who fan as well? Well-met! :)

I am the Roger Delgado incarnation of The Master, and proud of it!
Bifford wrote:
Anyway, welcome to the forums here, I look forward to good conversations. Make sure to say how SoUT go with your group, I've not managed to bring it to the table yet with my group.
Definitely will be doing so. I've had a rather good [iSoUT[/i] period of GenCan't doing all manner of stuff for the game, including part of character creation with my Friday night group. Just posted a bunch of stuff in the Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk forum here....

And Graham has also put up for us the first part of a mini-campaign adventure!

It's been a great week for the game, methinks! :)
"Sorcery is a dangerous hobby, my friend, and not something that should be practiced lightly." - Harama, a sorceress who's learned the hard way

JohnK

JohnK1

Post by JohnK1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Hullo, Dawndeath,
Dawndeath wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 am
Welcome, John! Stick around and join in the fun. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the welcome! Much appreciated! :)

And definitely sticking around for some of the fun. Even contributed to it today with a few Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk game posts in the forums! :)

JohnK

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:17 am

Excellent. :mrgreen:

Contributions are always greatly appreciated - we're in the process of trying to build this forum up a little.

I've not checked out SoUT yet - at the moment I'm head over heels for the Advanced Fighting Fantasy system. But I'm always open to expanding my horizons. :)

Anyway, any attention for Arion and its expanded community is definitely a good thing, so post away!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Welcome on board!
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.