RM: Rome -- what's coming up?

Everything else!

Moderator: bottg

PhillipAEllis

RM: Rome -- what's coming up?

Post by PhillipAEllis » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:24 am

G'day, y'all!

As my first post here, I wanted to ask what is coming up for the Rolemaster Rome setting. I appreciate that things are waiting on the completion of the RMU playtest, among other things.

Also I've been caught up in life, as I'm doing some writing for the HARP system, as well as a year-long series+ of articles for the Guild Companion. However...

* I am slowly amassing an online reference library of texts, so I can then work on fleshing out the NPC list. If it gets big enough, I'd love to talk with you, Graham, about making it an official accessory for the game, with RMC & RMSS/RMFRP & RMU stats.

* I am hoping to chisel out some time to work on an adventure that I want to run past you, Graham, in case you're interested in having them written.

bottg
Site Admin

Re: RM: Rome -- what's coming up?

Post by bottg » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:44 pm

I do have a half-written Egypt book on my shelf, awaiting the completion of RMU. This will be very distinct from the old Mythic Egypt in that this will be very much Romanised Egypt with the native populace and gods somewhat oppressed etc.

As soon as RMU is done, i will rewrite the RMR book and then get the Egypt book finished. My plan would be to provide at least a conversion guide for RM2/C and RMFRP/SS.

And adventures are always a good idea, especially in the era of digital publishing. You can supply full colour maps, handouts, paper minis and all sorts of other bonus material you would struggle to do in print.

PhillipAEllis

Re: RM: Rome -- what's coming up?

Post by PhillipAEllis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Graham. I look forward to the Egypt Sourcebook.

I've been making notes on my adventure idea, but am waiting on a copy of Cassius Dio before writing it, in case there is material of relevance there (as I suspect that there is).