Access to the Bonus Area

Discussion of the freebies available in the bonus area

Moderator: bottg

bottg
Site Admin

Access to the Bonus Area

Postby bottg » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:09 pm

Following a bit of confusion, i have realised that there is no clear information on access to the Bonus Area. So here it is:

We created the Bonus Area to encourage the leaving of reviews of uur products. To this end, if you leave a review of one of our sets at RPGNow.com or YourGamesNow.com, you will recieve an email containing a username and password, usually within 24 hours.

Although one review is sufficient to get the password, we would of course encourage customers to leave reviews of as many sets as possible. These reviews help us (with new sets and revisions) as well as our (prospective) customers .
derfinsterling

Postby derfinsterling » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:50 pm

I left a review, but I didn't get the email....
Can you help me out?
RabidFox
Knight

Postby RabidFox » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 am

Umm ... , if you do not mind me asking, how long ago did you leave this review?
You know, Graham IS only human, and this is NOT the job that pays for his living, you know?
As much as many of us would like some things done a whole heck of a lot faster, we understand that he has a REAL job, plus a sheep-raising business that has several facets including wool plus an honest-to-goodness family to take care of.
We just treasure the fact that he shares his art talents with us as much as he does.
Our gaming experience would be much less rich without Graham and his talents.
He will get to you; it just might take a little while in the Old World sense.
That is a bit longer just like the American "just down the road a bit" is longer than the Old World version of the phrase.
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 pm

One thing i will say, is that changes at RPGNow and DTRPG over the past year have made the bonus area a lot tougher to administer.

Now, customers are, i think, opted out of recieving publisher email. And because i have to do the rewards manually, it is quite common for me to see a review (i normally check daily, and send the email immediately) and not have an address to send it to. I can't always see the name either.

So if anyone is having problems, please email me with details, and ideally also allow publisher mail (limit it to Arion Games if you prefer) and i will get the password to you.

EDIT: Thanks for the kind words RabidFox. We are having a crappy summer here in the UK, which is making the sheep quite a difficult job this year, not to mention the little buggers escaping......
derfinsterling

Postby derfinsterling » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I'll send the mail right away.

Rabidfox: I know that arion-games is a small, one-man operation, but I left the review a month or so ago, so I figured asking about it wouldn't hurt. ;-)
RabidFox
Knight

Postby RabidFox » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:36 am

Sorry, if you felt I was a bit harsh, but there does not seem to be a quarter that goes by that someone seems to come down on Graham here about him not serving them fast enough.
He has a lot on his plate, and sometimes some folks here forget that or do nto even pay attention to it.
derfinsterling

Postby derfinsterling » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Not at all, mate, the internet and the seemingly anonymity tends to bring out the worst in people. You weren't harsh at all.

Then again, I could've been a little more elaborate in my original post...
Anyhoo, Graham has sorted it out - much appreciated!
Rophan

Postby Rophan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Graham,

I just wanted to let you know that I recently purchased and reviewed your Faery's Tale paper minis, as well as the Biblicals set from Drive Thru RPG's web site. I see from reading this forum that you do not always receive the email addresses of the reviewers to send them the access code to the bonus area.

Here is the link to my reviews, http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=50159&customers_id=60272.

My email address is bruce DOT germund AT gmail DOT com.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks again for the wonderful paper minis that you produce.

Bruce
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks for the reviews, and thanks for letting me know.

I have actually just collated all of the sales data for November so that i can send out the free 100th set to appropriate customers.

I can access 14 of the emails. 10 are hidden, so i probably can send the set, but it will take a lot of work to isolate each customer using filters, and 6 are not contactable. So there is no way i can send them their set unless they email me!
RabidFox
Knight

Postby RabidFox » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:48 am

I hope they all enjoy the set Graham.
The finances were stuck last month; could not participate. :oops:
Ugh! :x
No free set and missed the sale prices too. :roll:
Lucky me. :x
Masteralex

Postby Masteralex » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:32 pm

First of all, thanks for the wonderful miniatures you produce (wish I knew arion before).
Is the bonus area active? I posted two reviews at RPGnow in december the 1st, and I don´t know if my e-mail adress is visible (shoud be), but it is barnliv@yahoo.es Anyway, thank you in advance, and sorry for my english!
Never give up

Return to “Bonus Area”