The Maelstrom Companion

Everything to do with the classic RPG

Moderators: bottg, PaulB

bottg
Site Admin

The Maelstrom Companion

Postby bottg » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:34 am

25 years after the original publication of the Maelstrom RPG, Arion Games are pleased to announce that the Maelstrom Companion is almost here. Pending a few last minute licensing points, the Companion will be released both as a pdf version, and as a Print-on-demand book.

With a fantastic cover by Chris Waller, and nearly 150 pages of Tudor-inspired goodness, this book will enhance and expand your game.

We have provided new livings, new rules (including for guns!), new Magic, campaign ideas and a huge amount of setting information, including a whole town to explore!

There are other Maelstrom products also ready for release, so watch this space for more information!

bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:53 pm

We are pleased to announce that the pdf version of "The Maelstrom Companion" has now been released!

Sold exclusively through RPGNow/DTRPG, this 161 page volume expands and clarifies the original rules, and provides a new boost to this classic game.

Available exclusively here for only $8:

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=61370

We have also reformatted the pdf of the original Maelstrom book, standardising the layout to give it a much better look.

And we have more Maelstrom support planned for the very near future.....
PaulB

Postby PaulB » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:30 pm

I can't think of a better way to celebrate 25 years of Maelstrom!

Paul
Dr Magister

Postby Dr Magister » Sat May 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Hussah! I've been waiting this for a while. I've had the rulebook for ages, but never run a game using it (although I did stea- um, adapt certain aspects of the rules when I was writing a system of my own, especially the continuous XP rules).

I always found it odd that missile weapons were pretty much left out. Maybe Scott didn't know much about 16th century firearms as a teenager? He seemed to know everything else.

I'm planning on starting a campaign soon set during the Civil Wars. Charles is soon to be executed, but dark and occult powers are gathering, ready to use the death of an annointed king to fuel an unholy ritual of horrific proportions! Dramatic yes?

Anyway, thanks a lot for publishing this! Cheers!

Return to “Maelstrom”