Maelstrom Domesday Thoughts

Everything to do with the classic RPG

Moderators: bottg, PaulB

Pożeracz zwłok

Re: Maelstrom Domesday Thoughts

Postby Pożeracz zwłok » Fri May 09, 2014 11:41 am

Thx 4 vast explanation. I've bought it and try to repair it a little. Btw - my experience is telling me now that almost every original scenario must be rewritten, even a bit, to suit to others.
Last edited by Pożeracz zwłok on Fri May 09, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"
bottg
Site Admin

Postby bottg » Fri May 09, 2014 5:00 pm

It is Led-shum btw!

Investigative adventures are always difficult to plan and write. You may well play through once and the players have no idea what is going on, no idea who to talk to etc, and after 6 hours of play they are no further on. Others will find the group cracks it in an hour and a half. And as such this also makes them challenging to run!
It is for this reason that you need false trails and dead ends, otherwise it all moves a little too fast.

Some GM's find crib cards helpful, literally an index card for each family with a few notes on. But you are right that you have to have clear in your mind what is happening in the past and the background.

As for persuasion, characters can use any of the "styles" but each will work better on different people.
I will put together a pdf page to give to players later.
Pożeracz zwłok

Postby Pożeracz zwłok » Fri May 09, 2014 5:24 pm

I'll estimate this scenario on my own, it's the best way. Btw I like scenarios where investigation is the primary problem for players. So called "urban scenarios". Fighting - yes, but a little in the corner, aside. Agatha Christie or Conan Doyle wrote it quite well.
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"
Mr Nibbs
Knight

Postby Mr Nibbs » Mon May 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Pożeracz zwłok wrote:I'll estimate this scenario on my own, it's the best way. Btw I like scenarios where investigation is the primary problem for players. So called "urban scenarios". Fighting - yes, but a little in the corner, aside. Agatha Christie or Conan Doyle wrote it quite well.

Wow! That's giving me some ideas! :D
In the real world, I'm working for the Museum of London Archeology Service on the excavation of a 12th century abbey again soon, and will be taking photos, drawing plans and a site map. The original timber abbey is celebrating its 900th birthday this year. A few more weeks on Titan and I'll be living in the Maelstrom! :D

Return to “Maelstrom”