Using Classic Fantasy tookit with Domesday

Everything to do with the classic RPG

Moderators: bottg, PaulB

Mike_H70

Using Classic Fantasy tookit with Domesday

Postby Mike_H70 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:52 am

Hello,

( Apologies for strange grammar and misspellings, english is not my native language:)).

I have both the original Maelstrom and Mealstrom Domesday as well as the Classic Fantasy Toolkit and I much prefer the rules presented in domesday over the original game and as such, I would prefer to use Domesday as the core rule set for playing with the Classic Fantasy Toolkit.

So I'm looking for ideas to implement this and here are some thoughts:

Weapons and armour:
Update the lists in classic fantasy to better fit the ones presented in Domesday, the AS/DS modifications for all weapons needs to be adjusted and there's a penalty modifier for wearing heavy armour. Furthermore, perhaps reduce the weapon list in classic fantasy ( do we really need 8 different versions of polearms, all named pole-arm?).

The lifepath system and professional abilities:
The first part is perhaps not appropriate as classic fantasy involves somewhat rigid classes ( although I love the lifepath system 8) ) but the second part, professional abilites would be a perfect match, to better define the class abilities, for example, combat training for warriors, sneaking and sleight of hand for thieves, etc. Paladins and priests might need additional professional abilities or a remake of the religion ability.

Well this is what I can think of right now, I'm at work and don't have the rulebooks with me :)

Any other suggestions?

P.S If Mr.Bottley would consider doing an updateded version of the Maelstrom Classic Fantasy Toolkit for Domesday I would buy without hesitation :) , if not, well how about a small conversion PDF? That would be nice too.D.S

Best regards, MH
Roleplaying since 1982, old school, new school and everything in between...
bottg
Site Admin

Re: Using Classic Fantasy tookit with Domesday

Postby bottg » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:06 pm

I think what i would do is use the weapons and armour from Domesday and then expand with some extras such as platemail, polearms, 2H swords etc. I may be able to do that easily enough.

I think i would leave stat allocation as in MCF.

For each class i would assign appropriate Living abilities (maybe 3 per class? at rank I) and then the opportunity to increase those. I agree about extra abilities.

I will see what i can do!
Mike_H70

Re: Using Classic Fantasy tookit with Domesday

Postby Mike_H70 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:49 am

I thinking the same about weapons and armour. I also agree that the classes would need more than 2 living abilities, 3 sounds about right to define each class.

Stat allocation probably works best by keeping it as is is, keep it simple is a motto I often use. Om the other hand, that lifepath system sure is fun :)

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to see what you might come up with!
Roleplaying since 1982, old school, new school and everything in between...

Return to “Maelstrom”