Does anyone know of any maps of Chalice?

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Damian May

Does anyone know of any maps of Chalice?

Post by Damian May » Sat May 16, 2020 12:25 pm

Could have sworn I'd seen one before.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: Does anyone know of any maps of Chalice?

Post by Nuvole! » Mon May 18, 2020 3:51 am

I've seen the map of Kallamehr, but not the map of Chalice, yet.
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Andrew Wright

Post by Andrew Wright » Mon May 18, 2020 6:21 am

Hi Damian,

I don't think there's an official map of Chalice. The best place for info is Titannica here:

https://fightingfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Chalice

I also found 2 fan maps (based on Port of Peril, which has the most Chalice info) on FB here (by James Kail and Dave Gillson)

Hope that helps! :-)
Attachments
James Kail Chalice POP.jpg
James Kail Chalice POP.jpg (618.63 KiB) Viewed 1651 times
Dave Gillson Chalice POP.jpg
Dave Gillson Chalice POP.jpg (78.47 KiB) Viewed 1652 times

Chompy

Post by Chompy » Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 am

Chalice is the main location for the campaign I'm currently running so if there is a map of it I'd also be super interested.
Found lots of maps of the area surrounding Chalice, but none of the city itself.

I've been fleshing the city out for the adventures (districts, notable premises, etc) while trying to keep it in line with what's been featured in existing books... but didn't quite get so far as drawing a map. Maybe next week...
Did a lot of scrounging around for info as a result though and the wiki page really does pretty much cover all the info that seems to exist. It feels like there'd be more, since Chalice has a fairly central location and features in quite a few adventures!
Port of Peril gives the best idea of the city layout, as Andrew said, but only a few areas.

Though there might be an error with one part unless I'm reading it wrong.
"On the east side of Lion Street are five shops to the south and five grand houses to the north,[18] whilst the mansion known as Hog House occupies the whole west side of the road."
Pretty sure east and west on the wiki should be swapped here, since Port of Peril implies you enter from the west (you leave east from the market square) and describes Hog House as on the opposite side of the road, with the shops to your left and right.

Damian May

Post by Damian May » Mon May 18, 2020 12:22 pm

Thanks Andrew!

I reckon I can make something of those. :)

Damian May

Post by Damian May » Wed May 20, 2020 12:21 am

Chompy wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:36 am
Chalice is the main location for the campaign I'm currently running so if there is a map of it I'd also be super interested.
Found lots of maps of the area surrounding Chalice, but none of the city itself.

I've been fleshing the city out for the adventures (districts, notable premises, etc) while trying to keep it in line with what's been featured in existing books... but didn't quite get so far as drawing a map. Maybe next week...
Did a lot of scrounging around for info as a result though and the wiki page really does pretty much cover all the info that seems to exist. It feels like there'd be more, since Chalice has a fairly central location and features in quite a few adventures!
Port of Peril gives the best idea of the city layout, as Andrew said, but only a few areas.

Though there might be an error with one part unless I'm reading it wrong.
"On the east side of Lion Street are five shops to the south and five grand houses to the north,[18] whilst the mansion known as Hog House occupies the whole west side of the road."
Pretty sure east and west on the wiki should be swapped here, since Port of Peril implies you enter from the west (you leave east from the market square) and describes Hog House as on the opposite side of the road, with the shops to your left and right.
If you do do a map please post it here, I'm sure it will be better than my attempt. :)

Chompy

Post by Chompy » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Wouldn't be so sure! I'm fairly new to map making myself.
I'm happy to add it here when it's done though, since I was going to be making the thing soon anyway. :)
With not many areas covered in the books I'm extrapolating a lot to make the rest of the city but hopefully it's still useful to you or at least saves you some work.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 am

I didn't manage to master it myself, but some people made awesome maps using just the free version of Inkarnate... maybe it can help you too https://inkarnate.com
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

HedgeWizard
Knight

Post by HedgeWizard » Sun May 24, 2020 11:33 am

Nuvole! wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:04 am
I didn't manage to master it myself, but some people made awesome maps using just the free version of Inkarnate... maybe it can help you too https://inkarnate.com
I second this, it’s easy to use too.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » Tue May 26, 2020 6:59 pm

That does look cool!
I'd already made a start (2/5 districts sketched out) on the Chalice map in Krita, so I'll stick with it for now. I'm going for something like the classic Blacksand map. Not sure at all how close I'll get, but that's the goal. :P