First issue submissions

For discussion of the AFF Fanzine
Gareus

Re: First issue submissions

Post by Gareus » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:11 am

That shorturl to the shared drive doesnt seem to be working on my end Bifford. If you need new copies of my comic and agony aunt section let me know. Cheers

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 am

Gareus wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:11 am
That shorturl to the shared drive doesnt seem to be working on my end Bifford. If you need new copies of my comic and agony aunt section let me know. Cheers
It would appear it won't work if you click it as a link. If you copy and paste it into your browser it will.

Currently I am working on the hardest part - setting up the magazine in the first instance. I havn't got to throwing in content yet because I need the nuts and bolts of the frame set out right. Which is really tricky when I've never done anything like it before.

My recommendation to everyone is keep throwing stuff at me (preferably into that shared drive). The more I have to work with the more I can play around and the more issues we have potentially got items for off the bat.

Thanks!
Warlock Returns AFF Discord channel: https://discord.gg/hpCRJkw

egdcltd

Post by egdcltd » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm

I have more rumours and books, all Arion-themed, done. I don't know whether you want to have more than 10 rumours and 20 books in the edition. If you do, I have 60 of each.

Gareus

Post by Gareus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:45 am

Bifford wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:57 am
Gareus wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:11 am
It would appear it won't work if you click it as a link. If you copy and paste it into your browser it will.
Yep, that was just me being dense. I've added my pieces in now.
Let us never talk again of the 'link clicking incident'.
Nothing to see here.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:57 am

I am writing an adventure (Welcome to Arion!) where the characters come from Allansia and/or the Old World and disembark on Arion, that on that same night the city is hit by a curse that turns everybody into Blackhearts, so the characters will enjoy a mostly sandbox investigation in the city. The adventure will require the use of Travels in Arion for reference and maps.
I think I'm about three quarters of the work.
Can this be interesting as a submission?
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

egdcltd

Post by egdcltd » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:04 pm

I've done two Arion-themed articles and I'm working on a third. So, I think an Arion adventure would tie in nicely.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Tue May 12, 2020 10:50 am

It is now uploaded in the text thread.
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:32 am

Slloyd14 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:42 pm
Jungle stuff. Is it possible to upload this to the shared folder?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... TJweDAzbGc

Hey Stuart. Is there any particular way you want these put in the mag? Just throwing them up as is; With an introduction to what they are; A short Jungle adventure text? I'm not too sure what to do with these as they stand.
Slloyd14 wrote: Pitch 1: I have a large collection of rules for jungles (edited from dungeons) that I can release all at once or a bit at a time depending on how much space there is. I have rules for: Travelling and hazards, shaman spells, poisons and diseases, equipment, jungle ruins dungeon generator, adventure sheets for jungle based PCs and stats for jungle themed NPCs.
I could write a short "Editor's explanation" saying as such. That would work. I think, as there are eight items I might make it a two or four parter depending on circumstances.

Thanks.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:36 am

Slloyd14 wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:27 pm
How about digging up an AFF forum post and giving it an updated audience?

Or a forum post that reminisces of AFF of the past? Here is what people thought of AFF2 in the past!

How about my blog posts on why AFF1 was broken and needed an update - that seems appropriate for issue 1.

Anyone got any play reports? I could see if any bloggers want to publish them?
We have a lot of "Director Advice" articles, short and long, as well as an adventure and some fun bits.

What we don't have is anything harkening back to the past and absolutely no Stellar Adventures items. So are you able to pull something up worthwhile based on one of those first few items? (and SA if possible)

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:56 am

Slloyd14 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 am
I actually wrote a short speculation on what Notura would be like here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=349&p=9174&hilit=Notura#p9174

I could expand on it.
Slloyd14 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:44 am
Dawndeath wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:57 am
I would definitely be keen to see material on Notura and/or Marrangha if anyone's up for producing it.
I've started on creating creatures Frankenstein style which fits both Notura and Marrangha.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2579
I can see Notura & Marrangha being a staple section of the mag. Short and sweet articles of a page, maybe a page and a half? What title could it have?

Do you think you could whip up a one pager as the start of a series? Each article a stand-alone, but builds to a bigger whole. With artwork if possible.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 am

Dawndeath wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:59 am
Slloyd14 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:44 am
I've started on creating creatures Frankenstein style which fits both Notura and Marrangha.
That's great! I have vague plans to produce some articles related to horror role-playing in AFF and SA, which could tie in very nicely with your Frankenstein work. :twisted:
Any news on this Dawndeath? We have zero Stellar Adventures stuff for issue one currently so I would love that.

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:58 am

HedgeWizard wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:51 pm
Pitch 1: article giving tips and explanations on how to make great NPC’s (prepared and on the fly) which do more than tick a box but really engage players.

Pitch 2: à SA article about running an adventure on a ship, how to design ships and life on them. Taking a closer look at life in stellar navy’s and how to make adventures for crews in them.
How are you getting on with these HedgeWizard?

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:03 am

Okay, to catch people up on where we are at.

I have plenty of short and long articles. I need filler splats.

Does anyone have any ideas for half-a-column of full-column boxout splats I can use?

Mini-npc / creature stats (with image?)

Expanding on info in the books that is rather brief and giving them some extra substance?

A brief review of a book, and why you should buy it?

Would someone be able to compile all the AFF paper token set names into a list?

Can someone provide a list of all AFF books available?

Any other ideas.

egdcltd

Post by egdcltd » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:38 am

Ads for other books?

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:58 pm

Bifford wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:57 am
We have zero Stellar Adventures stuff for issue one currently so I would love that.
As previously mentioned, I am currently wrapping up a (very long) SA game.
If you think it may be useful, I can push this and you can decide how you want to divide it across different issues. However, this way you'd have two adventures in the first issue, which is maybe a bit too much...