AFF...2?

Advanced Fighting Fantasy discussion
Pożeracz zwłok

AFF...2?

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:41 am

Ave!

I found this:
http://advancedfightingfantasy.co.uk/home.html

Hmm, second edition? I've got it on my shelf, it descends from Arion Games, I think. Is it alternative project, having no relation to AG-AFF2? There one can see some differences in character building (i.a.). Did you see it?
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"

bottg
Site Admin

Re: AFF...2?

Post by bottg » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:07 am

Pożeracz zwłok wrote:Ave!

I found this:
http://advancedfightingfantasy.co.uk/home.html

Hmm, second edition? I've got it on my shelf, it descends from Arion Games, I think. Is it alternative project, having no relation to AG-AFF2? There one can see some differences in character building (i.a.). Did you see it?
That has been around a while, is not official in any way and is actually quite different to the original. Unfortunately, i never get any response when i email them so it just sits there....

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:13 am

Yeah I think that was one of a number of failed previous attempts to revise AFF. Too complex, missed the spirit of the original.

Mr Nibbs
Knight

Post by Mr Nibbs » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:20 am

torus wrote:Yeah I think that was one of a number of failed previous attempts to revise AFF. Too complex, missed the spirit of the original.
I just had a look at that. The very small print at the bottom says it is a fan site.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:52 am

Potentially, the most interesting bits of that site would have been their own made adventures http://advancedfightingfantasy.co.uk/campaigns.html but they are not available for download and if you write them an email they don't reply.

WRT their homebrewed proposed changes, I think that, like many other proposed changes), they tend to push AFF towards some kind of D&D. At that point, why not playing with D&D directly? AFF is fundamentally another approach... in my very humble opinion.
I'm the real Nowhere man, sitting in my Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Pożeracz zwłok

Post by Pożeracz zwłok » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:29 am

previous attempts to revise AFF
But(t? :)) for what? Engine is simple and it equals - good. Fast, furious and fun :) and more complicated is not necessary.
missed the spirit of the original.
Like most homebrews, I think.
in my very humble opinion
I easily share it :)
Death to one of dying mercenaries:
"I'm going to cast two 6-sided dice. If the score be higher than 12 you're safe"