sneak in chain and plate

Eddie

sneak in chain and plate

Post by Eddie » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:35 pm

there doesn't appear to be any penalty to this.

is this intentional?
there are penalties to all the other movement type skills like jump, swim, climb etc.

as someone who has owned chainmail and worn plate before it seems a little odd if i'm honest!

and I have two players sticking to leather, one player wearing chainmail hauberk and one about to upgrade to a chainmail cuirass shortly so I want to be sure this all works.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Re: sneak in chain and plate

Post by SkinnyOrc » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 am

There is a gap there but my opinion is the Dodging penalties in the rulebook work for sneaking. Or if using my expanded Modifiers Table then it'd be Acrobatics (I made the Dodging penalties less harsh for the reasons given in the thread). I'll update my table to say "Acrobatics and Sneaking".

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 pm

thanks.
I too have found issues with the Cuirass' being just inferior when compared to a Hauberk.

I have a dwarf in a chainmail hauberk plus large shield
elf about to get chainmail cuirass
two archers in leather cuirass about to upgrade to hauberks and thinking "why not the chain?"

be good to give them a "well you can....but..." answer

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:09 pm

Eddie wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 pm
thanks.
I too have found issues with the Cuirass' being just inferior when compared to a Hauberk.

two archers in leather cuirass about to upgrade to hauberks and thinking "why not the chain?"

Remember that a higher level of armour skill is required to wear a Hauberk over a Cuirass or Breastplete, so that will be one limiting factor.

And yes, the Dodging modifiers for armour would certainly apply to sneaking in my games!

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:12 pm

bottg wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:09 pm
Eddie wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 pm
thanks.

Remember that a higher level of armour skill is required to wear a Hauberk over a Cuirass or Breastplete, so that will be one limiting factor.

And yes, the Dodging modifiers for armour would certainly apply to sneaking in my games!
:) i will do that too
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.