Site Admin

Titan TV...

Post by bottg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Nuvole!
Hero

Re: Titan TV...

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:14 pm

:shock:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm

Note how Allansia is spelled Alanasia in the article. Hmm...The plot thickens...

I don't personally think of Titan as exclusively Asian-flavoured. Perhaps I'm reading things the wrong way.

Flying Yaztromo, Hidden Dragon? :lol:

As long as the Ocean of Tempests doesn't get marked up with a nine-dash line, we should be okay.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Let's hope it turns out good.

drbargle

Post by drbargle » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am

LordArioch wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm
I don't personally think of Titan as exclusively Asian-flavoured. Perhaps I'm reading things the wrong way.
No, but I think that Eastern-Western 'fusion' is underplayed in a lot of Fighting Fantasy stuff. I mean, you have a couple of East Asian flavoured societies, but they are a bit isolated. More interestingly, Chaing-Mai and Kay-Pong sit right next to putatively medieval European-flavoured Allansia. And perhaps it is worth re-thinking that last part. Allansia could be, ought to be (and is?) not all that 'medieval European'. It doesn't have 'medieval European' systems of governance, being more like a post-apocalyptic patchwork of settlements still re-emerging from the War of the Wizards. It is only a couple of hundred years after that - and the wildness between the pockets of civilisation, and the ruins dotted all across the place - are what makes Allansia such an 'adventuresome' place. There are no solid, cohesive, nations, and Allansia doesn't even seem to be a single cultural block - I mean, just run up the west coast; the peoples of Oyster Bay, Silverton, and Blacksand seem to have little in common (except Common) in cultural terms.

What I'm driving at is that it is easy to justify Allansia having (indeed, I bet we could go through the books and find plenty of canon examples) a load of non-medieval European influences/flavours.

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm

I feel like this will be a good watch, but contradict Canon a LOT

P. S OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Ruffnut wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:05 pm

Well the canon is a mess, so many writers and artists doing their own thing, perhaps streamlining it would be a good thing. Anyway, this is a dream come true for me, I was hoping for a Tv show or movie since the mid 80s lol.
Last edited by shintokamikaze on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Ruffnut wrote:
Well, Ian wrote the storyline apparently, and he wouldn't let it veer to far, so we shall have to see!

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:46 pm

bottg wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 pm
Ruffnut wrote:
Well, Ian wrote the storyline apparently, and he wouldn't let it veer to far, so we shall have to see!
OMG OMG OMG OMG YESSSSSSS
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm

shintokamikaze wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm
Ruffnut wrote:

Well the canon is a mess, so many writers and artists doing their own thing, perhaps streamlining it would be a good thing. Anyway, this is a dream come true for me, I was hoping for a Tv show or movie since the mid 80s lol.
Lol I was not even born then!

shintokamikaze
Hero

Post by shintokamikaze » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Ruffnut wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm
shintokamikaze wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm
Ruffnut wrote:

Lol I was not even born then!
:lol: :lol:

HedgeWizard
Adventurer

Post by HedgeWizard » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:55 pm

I read this and went Yey! And at the same time as having a sinking feeling in my stomach of... I really hope it’s not terrible or badly done.

Perhaps another challenge for Those of us with a real attachment to the world of Titan is that the background is so all over the place that I suspect we all have quite different views of the place at times when imagining it. So whatever they come up with it won’t fit what we have in our heads. Espeically since they appear to be focusing on the Asian aspect which is really focused in the North West of Allansia.