New AFF 2nd Ed Adventures

FarsightBlogger

New AFF 2nd Ed Adventures

Post by FarsightBlogger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi all -

Now that The Crooked King's Cup is out in the wild, I was wondering what other kinds of adventure players would like to see? I was thinking about creating short adventures that would cover up to two sessions and I was wondering what people would like to see.

What kind of adventure? Combat, exploration, mystery?

An open world with plenty of opportunities or a linear dungeon-crawl style adventure?

New locations, like towns, kingdoms or environments, or more adventures in exisitng ones?

I'm making a few lists about what I'd like to see next to help expand the world of Titan, so throw some ideas at me.

Nuvole!
Hero

Re: New AFF 2nd Ed Adventures

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:23 am

What I am running at the moment with much pleasure is campaigns with a lot of one-session adventures that can be losely interconnected between them (sometimes they end up forming story arcs, sometimes not).
This way you can have a changing group of players, with characters that don't always play in the same group, but every time you have a different one (the presents). This also allows you to incorporate nicely one-off players as well.
I think that this kind of games highlights one of the characteristics of AFF, that is the fact that even an absolute beginner can get ready to play in 5 minutes 5.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Lorian
Knight

Post by Lorian » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 pm

There is such lore and detail in existing towns. I would love to see everyday adventures set in preexisting locations.
Life is merely a speck of dust on the beach of time...

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:23 pm

My very first FF book was Forest of Doom, and, consequently, I have a great fondness for that book and its setting. Perhaps a new adventure in a silvan milieu, but on steroids -- chock full of lots of monsters, hazards, treasure, mysteries and opportunity for derring-do! Maybe set in the One Forest of Irritaria? The text of the Titan book ("The Time of Heroes", pp. 32 ff.) would be a great place to look for inspiration (Hangahar Goldseeker, The White Lord, et al.)

FarsightBlogger

Post by FarsightBlogger » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Some good stuff here, guys. Keep it coming! I'm already having ideas for Blacksand and Darkwood Forest.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Call me sad but some stuff round frostholm vynheim and the giants teeth islands 8)

FarsightBlogger

Post by FarsightBlogger » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Robb 1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:09 pm
Call me sad but some stuff round frostholm vynheim and the giants teeth islands 8)
Nothing sad about that at all - I've been overdosing on the Vikings TV show recently and, while I might refrain from including a blood eagle, a Nordic-inspired adventure might be great fun to write and illustrate.

LordArioch
Adventurer

Post by LordArioch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:52 pm

An adventure where the monsters are the good guys and the hoomans and demi-hoomans are the baddies? The monsters must defend their lairs, cozy dungeons and homey haunts from the depredations of those gold-hungry overworlders. :lol:

An adventure set on the high seas, with (hopefully well-researched) deckplans for a few Mediaeval-ish vessels, encounters with sea monsters, mermaids (or mermen if that's your thing), pirates, corsairs and buccaneers, islands with (seemingly innocent) inhabitants who have a taste for human flesh, shepherd-cyclopses, etc. (Paging Homer...)

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 pm

FarsightBlogger wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:25 pm
Robb 1 wrote:
Nothing sad about that at all - I've been overdosing on the Vikings TV show recently and, while I might refrain from including a blood eagle, a Nordic-inspired adventure might be great fun to write and illustrate.
similar here but read through the last kingdom series by Bernard Cornwel back to back with the adventures of Utred son of Utred .Loved it keep doing bits on a norse themed adventure have all the pcs including A half troll a couple of human warriors a female warriorthief rune marked by Loki (My better Halfs character) and another human raised by wolves. But dont seem to find the time to write stuff or get the group together got stuff on runes
iim working on and a list of gifts the pcs et as starting characters eg own a ship, outlaw ,rune marked and others

FarsightBlogger

Post by FarsightBlogger » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:31 am

Robb 1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 pm
FarsightBlogger wrote:
Robb 1 wrote:
similar here but read through the last kingdom series by Bernard Cornwel back to back with the adventures of Utred son of Utred .Loved it keep doing bits on a norse themed adventure have all the pcs including A half troll a couple of human warriors a female warriorthief rune marked by Loki (My better Halfs character) and another human raised by wolves. But dont seem to find the time to write stuff or get the group together got stuff on runes
iim working on and a list of gifts the pcs et as starting characters eg own a ship, outlaw ,rune marked and others
Sounds like a lot of fun! I've read the first four books of The Last Kingdom and the TV show is excellent. As far as Viking drama is concerned that's a great jumping off point.

I'd love to see the work Jonathan Green did for 'Saga of the Stormchaser' to get a feel for what may have appeared as a FF gamebook.

https://fightingfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/ ... tormchaser

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Something in The Old World
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

Robb 1
Knight

Post by Robb 1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:05 pm

FarsightBlogger wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:31 am
Robb 1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 pm
FarsightBlogger wrote:

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've read the first four books of The Last Kingdom and the TV show is excellent. As far as Viking drama is concerned that's a great jumping off point.

I'd love to see the work Jonathan Green did for 'Saga of the Stormchaser' to get a feel for what may have appeared as a FF gamebook.

https://fightingfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/ ... tormchaser

MeToo (Hint hint Jonathan :lol: :lol: :D :lol: ) maybe scholastic might offer him a deal to complete it as they are bringing new FF books about once a year