Print Copies/Pod

Tywyll

Print Copies/Pod

Post by Tywyll » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:17 pm

So I really want to get my hands on some AFF books (and SA) but alas no books are to found. Why is this? Specifically why is there no POD?

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Re: Print Copies/Pod

Post by SkinnyOrc » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:34 am

You can get real books direct from Arion at http://store.arion-games.com/ or PDFs from DriveThruRPG https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/667/Arion-Games, but no POD just yet. From what was said when the PDFs were made available it's down to the terms of Arion's license with Ian and Steve. But it didn't include PDF before either and that happened.

Tywyll

Post by Tywyll » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Not even. All the rulebooks are sold out. There are some supplements but that's it. I already looked. 😟

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:38 am

Just contact Graham, http://store.arion-games.com/storepage2182561.aspx, pretty sure he can print more as needed. But agree that even if that's right the webstore saying out of stock on almost everything doesn't exactly encourage sales.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:12 pm

The issue i am having this year unfortunately is cash flows. As most of you know, i train scientists for my main job (working for myself) and almost every invoice i have sent out this year has been paid late or very late. Some are still outstanding. Universities and big companies should do better, but not this year!! Thus i have not this year been able to afford a big re-stock of the webstore, and i cannot really afford to have hundreds tied up in stock when food is in short supply (yes, it really is that bad!).

Things improve in October, luckily, but as was mentioned upthread, i am always happy to order whatever books people need direct from the printers and can normally do that for free P&P. The books normally arrive within a week, and the pdf's are sent out straight away.

Apologies for this, i know having "out of stock" all over the webstore does not encourage sales, but i have had very little choice and i have spent most of this year grumbling to friends and family about the situation.

Hopefully normal service will be restored shortly!

Ruffnut
Hero

Post by Ruffnut » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:50 pm

So sorry to hear, but I hope the situation gets better
He just sits there tapping away all day on a tiny screen. But he tells everyone that he is slaying Orcs.

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 pm

It is very, very frustrating, but all you can do is keep working because eventually things will improve!

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:44 pm

Some books are available as POD via DriveThruRPG.

I just bought a PDF and print copy of Tales of the Village for someone over in Canada. (I ran a Play by Forum game for his two children with the two adults as familiars) on RPGGeek recently)

So it's worth seeing if DriveThru can do a POD of whatever book you want. I know Graham doesn't see as much money from that, but at least he gets some!

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 am

From what I've seen on DTRPG only Arion's non-AFF books have a POD option there. But if Graham makes more ordering direct from the printers, effectively POD without the middle man, then it may not make sense adding POD on DTRPG when he already has the web store. Although DTRPG is easier to find and the extra sales having POD there might outweigh the lower cut, it may not and the PDFs are already there for the visibility.

You really want the web store to let the customer put the order in even if it's out of stock, so you can still order it from the printers straight to them if it is. So you could either change the web store so if items have no stock left they show as POD and it lets them go ahead like that, or if that's too hard to do just turn off stock counting in the store completely so everything's always available. Having it track stock levels isn't worth losing sales for.