Bar room brawl

Hellbrandt

Bar room brawl

Post by Hellbrandt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:06 am

I'm organising an old school bar room brawl for Grogmeet this year, 4 GM's, 4 locations, 4 factions, 4 game systems. For my section I've been deliberating on which system to use and have narrowed it down to AFF, LotFP and DCC - whichever I choose needs to be fairly fast, support PC's fighting other PC's (why I ruled out The Black Hack) and yet have enough options and flavour to bring the whole thing alive. If anyone has ran a bar room brawl I'd be interested to see how you found it with AFF, any pitfalls or real strengths.

Robb 1
Knight

Re: Bar room brawl

Post by Robb 1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:16 pm

:D
Hellbrandt wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:06 am
I'm organising an old school bar room brawl for Grogmeet this year, 4 GM's, 4 locations, 4 factions, 4 game systems. For my section I've been deliberating on which system to use and have narrowed it down to AFF, LotFP and DCC - whichever I choose needs to be fairly fast, support PC's fighting other PC's (why I ruled out The Black Hack) and yet have enough options and flavour to bring the whole thing alive. If anyone has ran a bar room brawl I'd be interested to see how you found it with AFF, any pitfalls or real strengths.
Hi Helbrandt

if you have access to the FF Warlock magazine there are several brawl scenarios to give you ideas one in a Market if i remember theres also a Judge Dredd shuggy hall Brawl for added Sci Fi flavour pretty sure theres bar room brawl too but not sure on this. They all use original FF rules but would convert easily to AFF2 also inthe AFF 1 Rules there are a couple of Bar room brawls in the adventures you could use hope this helps :D

Hellbrandt

Post by Hellbrandt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks Robb, appreciate that, I'll take a look through the Warlock mags and see what I can find in there.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:01 am

There's also Mayhem In The Mermaid in White Dwarf 96 using WFRP rules. Great for ideas to make it more interesting and co-authored by Jim Bambra who's one of my fav writers.

Hellbrandt

Post by Hellbrandt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Thanks SkinnyOrc, I'm sure I've got that knocking about somewhere