Lets get started

For discussion of the AFF Fanzine
bottg
Site Admin

Lets get started

Post by bottg » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:03 am

So at FFF3 on saturday I had a chance to speak to Steve about the Fanzine and we have the go ahead. There was one proviso however. We have been asked to avoid Allansia. So no articles, adventures etc set there. Khul or the Old World are fine though, as are generic articles.

I therefore propose that we start to put something together with say a mid-November publication target?

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Re: Lets get started

Post by Dawndeath » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am

Excellent news! 😁

I think we can live with that condition. Still two huge continents to play with. I have plans for Khul... 😏

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Let's start from Arion ;)
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

HedgeWizard
Adventurer

Post by HedgeWizard » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Great news! Lots of space for us to let our imagination run riot

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Probably a good idea for people to start pitching articles for Issue 1, ideally along the lines of the sample articles, but there is obviously some flexibility. Once we know what articles are on offer, Sam can start working out what can go in!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:50 am

Pitch 1: I would like to write an adventure for novice adventurers based on the city of Arion (and the associated book), involving city investigation to solve the adventure.
Pitch 2: I would like to write a series of articles (one for each number of the fanzine) covering Sorcery style variants for each state of the Old World ("standard" Sorcery style being Analand). Each style will have some Sorcery spells in common with other styles and some other spells will be unique. Yes, I know this must be planned and generally balanced before the beginning of the series.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Post by Slloyd14 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 am

Pitch 1: I have a large collection of rules for jungles (edited from dungeons) that I can release all at once or a bit at a time depending on how much space there is. I have rules for: Travelling and hazards, shaman spells, poisons and diseases, equipment, jungle ruins dungeon generator, adventure sheets for jungle based PCs and stats for jungle themed NPCs.

Pitch 2: anything from my collection of stuff on Google drive.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.

egdcltd

Post by egdcltd » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Pitch 1: A series that consists of 10 books at a time, with titles, authors and descriptions. The books may or may not be of use.

Pitch 2: A series that consists of 10 rumours at a time, that could be misinformation or adventure hooks.

I'm nowhere near getting started on this, though; I need to start reading the setting books and I'm currently wading through Mage 20 and Monarchies of Mau doing research for similar. I have nearly finished reading Monarchies. I have already done similar books for the Forgotten Realms, Urth, Pugmire and 7th Sea and rumours for Urth, Pugmire and 7th Sea, as well as setting-neutral fantasy and science fiction ones of both.

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Pitch 1: I have an article with ideas about how to use the "Unknown Land" in the southwest corner of the Titan map to expand the FF world.

Pitch 2: I am in the process of writing an article about how to add new weapons to AFF, using traditional Chinese weapons as examples for adventures set in the Isles of the Dawn.