Mongolia in Titan

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Mongolia in Titan

Post by Dawndeath » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Hey gang, I'm looking for a bit of collective knowledge here.

For the last few days I've been listening pretty constantly to the recently-released album The Gereg by Mongolian rock band The Hu. (If you haven't heard their stuff yet, check them out on YouTube - you won't regret it.) It's got me in the mood for maybe writing some adventures set in a Mongolian culture.

I've been wracking my brains trying to remember if any of the areas in Titan were inspired by Mongolia - the way, for example, that Hachiman was inspired by Japan - but I'm drawing a blank. Can anyone think of anywhere? Otherwise I might unofficially add something in to south-eastern Khul, and dig out the old AD&D Oriental Adventures book for some source material.

Cheers guys. 👍

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Re: Mongolia in Titan

Post by Slloyd14 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 pm

Kazan in Khul from Daggers of Darkness is probably the closest. There is a horse tribe and a bandit horde led by a woman who rides two tigers.
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:08 am

Slloyd14 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 pm
Kazan in Khul from Daggers of Darkness is probably the closest. There is a horse tribe and a bandit horde led by a woman who rides two tigers.
Ah, that sounds promising. I will have to check into it - Daggers of Darkness is one I haven't played before. Many thanks, Slloyd14!

HedgeWizard
Adventurer

Post by HedgeWizard » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:04 pm

If it’s not for the Fanzine then you always have the tribes of the Flatlands in Allansia which are fierce mounted warriors according to Titan. They could be any form of steppe nomads you want from history.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 am

The Sorcery! trip is heavily inspired by a trip in Nepal... not too far from Mongolia as well...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:52 am

Great advice, thank you guys.

I'm not currently planning on this being for the fanzine; but I might steer clear of Allansia just in case I change my mind.

drbargle

Post by drbargle » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:39 am

Has no-one said Lendleland yet?

Dawndeath
Adventurer

Post by Dawndeath » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:23 am

drbargle wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:39 am
Has no-one said Lendleland yet?
Oh yes! That is also a possibility. In fact, the more I think about Lendleland, the more I'm liking it as a location...