New AFF rulebook, upgrade or replacement?

Chompy

New AFF rulebook, upgrade or replacement?

Post by Chompy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm

There's a thread discussing updates & clarifications to the AFF core rulebook that are underway, though I didn't find any announcement about it in searching the forum where I could find out more about it. I was planning to buy the PDF version of the rulebook soon (since I've lost my hardcopy... somewhere), but if there's a new version right around the corner it seems better to wait and buy that instead. Or will the update/clarification just be an upgrade to anyone that bought the original (free/discounted or as an add-on purchase / supplement or whatever) so I may as well just buy the current pdf?

New to the forums, sorry if I'm missing anything obvious.
If anyone could provide a bit more knowledge or point me at where I can catch this sort of news, thanks!

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: New AFF rulebook, upgrade or replacement?

Post by Nuvole! » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 am

Before having the news that some publication is in the works and actually having it available for sale quite a lot of time may pass. Sometimes, years, like it happened with the Titan Herbal.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:06 am

Yeah if I were you I might wait for the new one for the print book, but it could be ages so I'd go ahead on the PDF first. Even if they don't change the text at all (Graham please do make some changes ;) the completely new layout and presentation still sounds like a sizeable project. If you get the new print book later it'll probably come with a PDF of it for no extra.

Maybe Graham will put some of the PDFs on Humble Bundle again for Christmas, they were a great deal last time and you got a decent set in one go. While the rulebook is a complete game you really want Heroes Companion and at least one of the Pit books too.

By the way, if anyone in Australia wants a mint condition print copy of the rulebook they can have it for postage. I got a new one to replace my tattered old one and then straight after the deluxe hard cover came out and I couldn't resist. So I have, yes, three copies of the rulebook... tragic.

Chompy

Post by Chompy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks for the advice! I'll hold off on a replacement physical copy for now.

The Arion's 40% off Great Christmas Sale over at DriveThruRPG just started though, it seems, so I'm sorted for pdfs! :D

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:00 am

Ah yeah, he's done this other years too. Last time I picked up all the Atlantis and Jonathan Hicks scenario PDFs. There's also a mention of AFF freebies there and who doesn't like freebies?

Here's the link for anyone interested:
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/667/Arion-Games