NEW GOD: Lunara

Skyrock

NEW GOD: Lunara

Post by Skyrock » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Lunara
Godess of the Moon

Specific Power:
A priestess of Lunara may once per day put a target into a deep sleep by kissing it. An unwilling target may test for LUCK. This particularly deep sleep, if not interrupted, will restore (4+Devotion) STAMINA points and cure all poisons and diseases.
A target may only benefit from one use of this power per day. Obviously, the priestess may not use it on herself.

General Powers
- Commune
- Protection vs nocturnal creatures and lycanthropes
- Ward

Lunara, sister of Glantanka and Filash, is mostly worshipped in Analand and other parts of the Old World. She is depicted as a woman with crescent-shaped jewelry and glowing eyes with no pupils. Her symbol is the crescent.

While she is widely called on for protection in the night and from nocturnal terrors, she is picked as patron deity only by those who make their living during the night. This includes night watches, poachers and bakers.

The small fellowship leads to most towns only having open air altars, illuminated at night by laymen. Rituals are conducted by wandering priests moving from town to town.
Usually only outposts and frontier communities being particularly wary of the night have permanently staffed temples, as well as large cities.

Her priests dress in dark blue robes and sport crescent-shaped jewelry.

The Dark Elves worship her as Tiriel the Silent Guardian.
On Allansia, she is known as male god Kuran, son of Glantanka.

---

I always liked the idea of a benevolent night godess, although there was very little material on it.
I took what little material there was scattered in Titan, patched some holes with the Roman Noctiluca and the Greek tale of Selene and Endymion and stirred it.

FF wikia states that the sacred color is Gold (without a source).
However, that would make more sense for Glantanka for me. As "little sister" of the sun godess that is also concerned with lycanthropes, and looking at the moon's color, Silver looks like the better fitting choice to me.

Do you think the specific power is balanced? It combines two priestly powers into one. OTOH it a.) requires a night's sleep (making it useless in the middle of combat) and b.) can't be used on yourself, which makes it roughly good enough for AFF for me.

torus
Knight

Post by torus » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:02 am

I like that a lot - very nicely done!

bottg
Site Admin

Post by bottg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:47 pm

torus wrote:I like that a lot - very nicely done!
Me too. I am just about to start putting some fan stuff together as formatted pages for download. This is a must!

skathros

Post by skathros » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Love it! Good job!