Extended treasure tables

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Extended treasure tables

Post by SkinnyOrc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:39 pm

I've managed to finish up one of my AFF projects, hopefully this will be useful to people.

AFF2 Treasure 2.0

I'm going to head off one possible question. It might look like there's too many numbers on things that should be kind of unlikely. Apparently with 4d6 the high and low numbers tend to cancel each other out so you get this, http://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/tech_r ... b4Mi_nRKrx. Who knew. Anyway because of that I've had to decide percentages and work back. In your face Mr Minton, high school maths teacher who thought I was an idiot because I couldn't remember times tables!

[Edit: Download link updated]
Last edited by SkinnyOrc on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuvole!
Archmage

Re: Extended treasure tables

Post by Nuvole! » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Nice one!
I would like to see things like this uploaded to the "download" section of the Arion Games website...
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

Slloyd14
Site Admin

Post by Slloyd14 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Thanks for this!
http://virtualfantasies.blogspot.com/

A blog about writing gamebooks. My musings on how to write a gamebook and what makes a good gamebook.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:13 am

Hullalla wrote:I would like to see things like this uploaded to the "download" section of the Arion Games website...
There's probably a few things floating around that could be added there. I'm happy for this to be if Graham is.

One thing I'd like to add in future is a table for each type of magical item (Components, Sundries, Potions, Scrolls,Trinkets, Curiosities and Enchanted) including those on this forum. Of course it would only be the relatively common ones, there would always be items to find not on it.

By the way, I did the border graphic and the capital B especially for using on any AFF stuff I do. I didn't draw the B of course, it's from a real illustrated manuscript, but there was a bit or work putting it on a white background. I'm fine if others want to use those for their own AFF works but I'd rather you didn't use them for other purposes. Not that I can stop you of course, just a request. :)

Nuvole!
Archmage

Post by Nuvole! » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Personally, I think that a few fan adventures and expansions / proposals (even including house rules etc.) would help quite a lot inviting more people to start really playing this game.
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land, making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.

SkinnyOrc
Hero

Post by SkinnyOrc » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:31 am

I've got motivated to go through and put my previous works into a more AFF2 looking style. Here's the updated AFF2 Treasure.